User Attributes are tags that you assign to your learners, to help you create smart groups for assigning and reporting.
Creating User Attributes
Your platform comes pre-set with 17 Grovo Attributes to help you get started. Of these, the following four attributes are required for all users:
- Username (email address)
- Employee ID
- Fist Name
- Last Name
You also have the flexibility to create custom attributes based on the needs of your organization.
To add a new custom attribute, navigate from Admin > User Attributes and select the "Create Attribute" button on the top right of the page.
- Name your new attribute
- Decide if you want this to be a required attribute for all users
* If you decide to make an attribute required, the field must be populated for every user and cannot be left blank.
- Decide what type of attribute field you want to create
Adding User Attributes to users individually and in bulk
Bulk adding attributes to users is as easy as 1-2-3!
- Go to Admin > Users > and downloading the Active User list.
- Your attributes will appear in the column headers. Add the desired attribute to the cell for the corresponding user.
- Go to Admin > Users > Add and edit users > and upload your new CSV to reflect attribute changes in the user profile.
You can also individually add or change user attributes at any time by editing the user's profile.
Note that "Basic Information" reflects required attributes. You may receive an error message or be unable to save changes when these fields are left blank.