We’ve developed automated migration tools to move all of your training, user, and activity data to your new Grovo platform. That means once you hand us the keys to your account, you can sit back, relax, and get ready to embrace Grovo’s next generation Microlearning® platform.
What to can I expect when migrating to the new Grovo platform?
Our automated migration tools are ready to move your data to the new platform. This includes data from your:
- Users and groups (groups will migrate as static groups, see here for more details.)
- Your content
- Your trainings (these will be recreated as Campaigns)
- Assignments with progress status
- Historical data
Redirection of deep links in your existing systems
- Note, the migration only supports deep links to browse or trainings with SSO implemented
- Logs to report when the migration has been completed successfully
- The migration process for your data will only be run once. If you migrate your data to the new Grovo platform, then have activity afterward on your Grovo legacy platform, that activity will not be reflected in the new platform.
Is there anything the migration tools will NOT support?
- Migration of powers over specific groups into roles
Any user attributes or Employee ID
- Grovo legacy does not require user attributes or Employee ID for all customers and so we have decided not to migrate these fields. You will be able to update these after migration in your new Grovo platform.
Links that are NOT deep links (i.e. links that don’t reference your enterprise and SSO)
- Ex deep link: https://enterprise_name.grovo.com/lessons/a3b2c1
- Ex NOT deep link: https://www.grovo.com/lessons
- Multiple rounds of migrated historical data
Quizzes with more than 4 answer options
- Pro tip: review your quizzes before migration and reduce to four answer options to ensure they successfully migrate
- Placement tests
- SCORM materials with quizzes attached at the material level
- xAPI content
- SSO configuration (this will need to be reconfigured with your new Grovo account)
- User management API
- Logo/animated bumper (let us know if this is a priority for your team and we can retrieve them upon request)
What the timeline of the migration process?
The approximate duration of migration is two weeks. See here for a detailed breakdown of events.
- Please note that once the migration to the new platform is complete, we will leave the legacy platform open for seven days before redirecting learner’s access. We deactivate access after seven days to eliminate confusion about which platform users should now be visiting.
Have questions about migrating? Submit a support ticket for further assistance.