If you have not done so already, head here to learn how Employee ID works in Grovo.
Given the importance of Employee ID, a lot of customers have asked us "Is there a way to change it?"
Yes! Whether you're switching from email to a traditional employee ID, or employees in your organization switch IDs when they switch from temp to full-time employees, there are two simple ways to change a users Employee ID in Grovo.
Individual Employee ID update via 'Edit User'
1. Head to Admin > Users, and then search for the user you need to edit.
2. Click the users record, and make the change in the Employee ID field.
3. Click the "Save" button at the bottom, and you're all set.
Bulk Employee ID update via CSV upload
1. Head to Admin > User attributes > Grovo attributes and click to edit the “Employee ID” attribute.
2. Click to 'Bulk update via CSV.'
- As with User CSV upload flow, there’s pre-upload validation step to check for:
- Required column headers
- New and old employees IDs are not blank
- New and old employees IDs are unique within CSV
3. You will receive a success or error email when the upload is complete.
- If errors are encountered, any updates are rolled back. You should go ahead and correct noted errors, then upload the updated CSV.