What's better than exploring the newest Microlearning® lessons in Grovo's library? Assigning them to your learners! Once you're ready, check out this article to assign lessons and tracks.
* Scroll to the end of this article for attached one-pager overviewing the library and spreadsheet cataloging all of the lessons in the library.
Newest Tracks from Grovo - February 2019
Navigating Conflicts of Interest in the Workplace
- How Today's Conflicts of Interest Impact Your Future
- Recognize the Types of Conflicts of Interest
- Identify Your Own Conflicts of Interest
- Avoid Relational Conflicts of Interest
- Avoid Financial Conflicts of Interest
- Avoid Competitive Conflicts of Interest
- Report a Conflict of Interest
- Practice Preventing a Conflict of Interest
- How Preventing a Conflict of Interest Improves the Workplace
What is Insider Trading?
- Ethical Arguments Against Insider Trading
- Analyze Types of Insider Trading
- Identify Material Nonpublic Information
- Practice Protecting Material Nonpublic Information
- Avoid Trading During a Blackout Period
- Keep Personal Records of Your Trading
- Report Insider Trading at Your Company
Newest Tracks from Grovo - January 2019
Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace
- What Is Emotional Intelligence?
- The Impact Of Emotional Intelligence
- What Are the Four Skills Of Emotional Intelligence?
- What Does Strong Self Awareness Look Like?
- How Do You Strengthen Your Self Awareness?
- What Does Strong Self Management Look Like?
- How Do You Strengthen Your Self Management?
- Assess and Manage Your Emotions In A Difficult Situation
- What Does Strong Social Awareness Look Like?
- How Do You Strengthen Your Social Awareness?
- What Does Strong Social Management Look Like?
- How Do You Strengthen Your Social Management?
- Assess and Manage a Coworker's Emotions in a Difficult Situation
- How Does Strong Emotional Intelligence Make You a Better Manager?
- How Do You Model a Culture of Emotional Intelligence in Your Workplace?
- Send the Email That Counts
- The Elements of a Strong Email
- Craft the Objective of Your Email
- Tailor Your Email to the Needs of Your Audience
- Use Subject Lines for Clarity
- Collaborate Effectively with To, Cc, and Bcc
- Take Extra Time to Proof Your Consequential Emails
- When Picking up the Phone Is Better than Email
- Manage Your Inbox for Productivity
- Organize Your Inbox Messages Effectively
- Create a Custom Routine for Checking Emails
- Respond to Emails On-time
Newest Tracks from Grovo - December 2018
Understanding the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- What Is the FLSA?
- Navigate State and Federal Requirements for the FLSA
- Classify Employees and Independent Contractors Under the FLSA
- How Overtime Is Categorized Under the FLSA
- Follow FLSA Standards While Keeping Employee Records
- Respond to Employee FLSA Complaints
- How to Report FLSA Noncompliance
- The Impact of Discrimination
- What Is Discrimination?
- Spot Discrimination When It Happens
- What to Do When You Witness Discrimination
- Intervene When You Witness Discrimination
- What Do You Do When You Experience Discrimination?
- Speak Up About Issues of Discrimination with Your Peers
- Speak Up About Issues of Discrimination with Your Supervisor
- How Do You Report Issues of Discrimination in Difficult Conditions?
- What Do You Do If You're Accused of Discrimination?
- Combat Discrimination at the Source
- How to Be an Ally in Preventing Discrimination
- How Does a Manager Affect Discrimination Culture?
- Go Beyond "Check the Box" Discrimination Compliance
- Examine Norms and Policies for Discrimination
- Avoid Discrimination in Your Management Style
- Prevent Discrimination Across the Employee Life Cycle
- How Do You Respond to an Employee Who Has Been Discriminated Against?
- How Do You Respond to an Employee Who Is Being Discriminatory?
- How Do You Encourage Employees to Speak Up About Discrimination?
Newest Tracks from Grovo - October 2018
Anti Money Laundering
- The Impact of Money Laundering
- What Is Money Laundering?
- Catch Money Laundering in Action
- Red Flags of Money Laundering
- What Can I Do When I Suspect Money Laundering?
- Prevent Situations Where Money Laundering Can Occur
- The Consequences of Money Laundering
Developing Grit and Resilience
- How Grit Can Help You Grow Your Career
- Develop Grit with the "Hard Thing Rule"
- Strengthen Your Grit by Finding Purpose in Your Work
- When to Use Grit (and When to Quit)
- Why Resilience Is a Skill You Need
- Practice Resilience by Facing Rejection
- Build Resilience by Seeking New Experiences
- Manage Self-Talk to Be More Resilient
- The Observable Behaviors That Make Up Executive Presence
- Why You Should Evaluate Your Own Executive Presence
- Common Mistakes People Make with Their Posture
- Adjust Your Posture to Increase Your Executive Presence
- What People with Executive Presence Do with Their Hands
- Common Mistakes People Make with Their Movement
- Adjust Your Movement to Increase Your Executive Presence
- Common Mistakes People Make with Their Language
- Use Connected Language with Your Audience
- How People with Executive Presence Use Their Voices
- Adjust Your Voice to Increase Your Executive Presence
- What Your Face Says About Your Executive Presence
- How Your Dress Impacts Your Executive Presence
- Why You Need Executive Presence
- What Executive Presence Is
- Common Misconceptions about Executive Presence
- Why Executive Presence Starts with Attitude
- How the Stories We Tell Ourselves Affect Our Executive Presence
- Rethink Your Idea of Discipline
- Use the Hot Stove Rule to Communicate Discipline
- Avoid the Negative Side Effect of Too Many Rules
- What Is the Best Discipline Model for My Team?
- Use This Four-Step Framework to Establish Your Discipline Plan
- Use the Lightest Penalty for the Largest Impact
- Communicate the Reasoning Behind Consequences
- Use Trust to Build Discipline Culture
- When Is a Broken Rule Serious?
- How Do I Work with HR to Conduct a Disciplinary Investigation?
- Turn Nonserious Rule Breaks into Informal Teaching Sessions
- When Do I Consider Termination?
- Align Your Discipline Culture with the Law
- Document Discipline to Minimize Disputes
- Discipline When an Employee Breaks a Law
- Building and Sustaining Relationships
Building and Sustaining Relationships (Premium Content)
- Lay the Foundation for a Strong Sales Relationships
- Build Rapport with Connect Questions
- Build Trust with Relevant Questions
- Actively Listen to Your Prospect
- What Am I Communicating to My Prospect?
- Practice Connecting to a Sales Prospect
- Put Your Prospect at Ease
- What's Your Communication Style?
- Determine Your Prospect's Communication Style
- Adapt to Your Prospect's Communication Style
- Practice Communicating Clearly with Your Prospect